Friday, May 9, 2014

Carpe Diem Special #91, Jack Kerouac's 2nd "girls come by shades"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Time flies when you have fun ... so it's time again for a new CD-Special by our featured haiku-poet Jack Kerouac. Kerouac has written wonderful haiku in which he wrote everything and that makes his haiku strong and still actual. He wrote e.g. haiku about alcohol misuse (he died of to much alcohol) and prostitution.

For this episode of CD-Special I have chosen the next haiku in which is clear what the girls are who are coming out of the shade.

Neons, Chinese restaurants
coming on -
Girls come by shades

© Jack Kerouac



This is a good example of the way how Kerouac wrote his haiku. So now it's up to you to write a haiku in the same sense, tone and spirit as the one by Kerouac. 

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until May 12th noon. For now ... have fun, be inspired and share your "Kerouac-like"-haiku with us all here at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai.
!!! I have published a new weekly prompt at Haiku Shuukan too !!!


6 comments:

  1. I say let's fight
    the neon light,
    and let it die,
    the ugly lie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A unique gas
      captured in glass
      unnaturally glowing
      to the night, nothing owing...

      ©JP/davh

      Delete
  2. I love the grittiness of Kerouac's haiku... and I cannot refrain myself from answering with an american sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad this haiku makes sense to you. I don't understand the line "girls come by shades" at all. I find myself confused, but I do like that he apparently wrote on many topics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks KP... It feels good to be here...learning Haiku..Your visit to my page is awaited..

    RS:).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was at your weblog Ramesh :-)

    ReplyDelete