Monday, October 27, 2014

Carpe Diem #592, Nights of Summer (June 2014) reprise)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

As we are closing in to the end of this celebration month we are now arrived at June 2014 in which we had all modern kigo for summer based on Jane Reichhold's "A Dictionary of Haiku". This month I think you will remember still, because of the kigo by Jane. And of course we have seen her several times here at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai as a co-host for our "Ask Jane" feature.

Today's reprise prompt is Nights of Summer and I think you all can relate to that. In my opinion the warm summer nights are awesome, romantic and sensual. Lying on the beach with the one you love, making love maybe on the beach. The sound of seaguls in your ears, the waves, the far away sound of music from the pubs ... the rustling of the palm trees ... ah ... what a gorgeous scene. I love to re-share my haiku from that episode here again.



hot summer night
together with my friends -
singing on the beach

hot summer night
the sweet scent of Honeysuckle
arouses the sense

the sound of the waves
accompanies hot steamy love -
seagulls cry

© Chèvrefeuille

What a nice memory ... This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until October 30th at noon (CET). I will post our next episode, a new Ghost Writer post, later on.


No comments:

Post a Comment