Friday, December 4, 2015

Carpe Diem Special #185 Georgia's first "Autumn Reflections" (Troiku)

Credits: logo CD-Special December 2015

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

It's my pleasure and with pride that I welcome you at the first Carpe Diem Special of December. This month's featured haiku-poetess (and winner of our "peace of mind" - kukai) Georgia (a.k.a. Bastet) of Bastet and Sekhmets Library

Georgia won our "peace of mind" kukai with the following haiku:

rain drips
off the old bamboo wind-chimes
serenity


© Georgia
A real winner I think, and you all thought so too, because you were the judges yourself. For this first CD-Special I have chosen to share a Troiku composed by Georgia with you all. As you maybe know I have invented the "troiku" a creative way of writing haiku. More about Troiku you can find in de menu above.


Credits: autumn reflections

autumn reflections
as I cross the sun warmed bridge
geese fly south
autumn reflections
old man contemplates winter
under the hot sun
as I cross the sun warmed bridge
ducks laugh downstream
– diving for trout
geese fly south
the noisy swallows have gone
but the blackbird sings
 


© Georgia


And the challenge, as you all know, for the CD-specials is to write an all new haiku, tanka or in this specific episode, a troiku, inspired on the given one trying to touch the same sense, tone and spirit. I am looking forward to all of your responses.

This CD-Special is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until December 7th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our next episode, men of this world;  picking up rice seedlings; backpack and sword, later on.


9 comments:

  1. Can't hope to emulate Georgia's beautiful work. Yet I loved trying to write a troika in the same vein

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this special. I like the troiku and Geogia's prompt has been inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this lovely introduction to my work Chèvrefeuille and also thank you very much for choosing a troiku to introduce my work, it is a beautiful form which I enjoy using very much. Bastet (Georgia)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Georgia, your troiku flows in a way that is hard to do - very hard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very moving and inspirational troiku....I feel there with your characters....

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad to try, a powerful poetry form.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great troiku Georgia ! Congratulations on your win !

    ReplyDelete