Monday, May 22, 2017

Carpe Diem Tan Renga Challenge Month 2017 #13 bamboo (Jane Reichhold)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend. I had a great weekend on the nightshift (smiles), so I couldn't enjoy the beautiful weather we had here in The Netherlands. The upcoming days I will be free of work and the weather is gonna look great this week so I will enjoy it this week.

Last "regular" Tan Renga Challenge we had a nice haiku by Ogiwara Seisensui, a classical haiku poet who loved the "free-style" way of haiku-ing as we "enjoy" here in the Western world. And in a way that makes him one of my "heroes", because I love the "free-style" too (or as I call it Kanshicho, "in the way of the Chinese poetry").

Bamboo
Today I have another nice haiku in which we can see the Western way of haiku-ing. Our new "hokku" is by my beloved sensei and co-host who died last year, Jane Reichhold. This "hokku" is extracted from Jane's "A Dictionary of Haiku":

bamboo
waving candlelight into the night
wind


© Jane Reichhold (1937-2016)
A beauty I think. So I am looking forward to your continuations or completions of the Tan Renga starting with this "hokku".
Have fun!
This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until May 27th at noon (CET).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment