Thursday, October 5, 2017

Carpe Diem #1269 reflection


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Time flies ... there is already a whole week of this celebration month gone, time to reflect. This first week was really awesome. I have spoken with participants from the first years of CDHK and they will try to "walk in" this month of celebrations and I have got permission to use all the beautiful music of Karunesh. Maybe you can remember that month full of his wonderful spiritual music back in August 2013. This month we will have again a few wonderful compositions created by him. In our prompt-list I have mentioned already which ones that will be, but ... maybe I will change them, because very recently Karunesh has created a few new albums full of beautiful music. We will see.

I have read wonderful responses on the first week's prompts and I even had time to visit you all already. Really I have read wonderful haiku and tanka. I hope you all will be here this upcoming weeks and share your inspired haiku and tanka with us all.

reflection
Okay I will go on with our prompt for today. We are on the road along memory lane and this prompt I have done earlier in the summer of 2013. At the end of this episode I will give you the link to that episode. I remember that it was a short episode, just like it will be today.

Reflection it's a wonderful natural play as you can see in the above image and that "play" we can use in our haiku in a great way. Here is an example by Becca Givens, one of the first years participants, a great haiku poetess:

Mirror of my soul
Deep shimmering golden pond
Reflects Divine Love

© Becca Givens

Or what do you think of this one by Sara McNulty of Purple Pen in Portland, one of our all time participants:

Autumn leaves mirrored
In clear lake their colors float
Soon lake fills with fall


Both are by the way responses on the prompt we do today in its reprise ... along memory lane.

reflection
And here is one of my own haiku I used in that episode, it's merely a senryu I think than a haiku, but to me those two forms are the same.

in front of the mirror
I open my young eyes -
an old grey man

© Chèvrefeuille

What is reflection?

Reflection is the change in direction of a wavefront at an interface between two different media so that the wavefront returns into the medium from which it originated. Common examples include the reflection of light, sound and water waves. (source: wikipedia)

clouds
swaying through the pool
frog jumps in

© Chèvrefeuille

Well ... I think this episode is ready to be published, so I will do that immediately after I have given you the URL of the mentioned episode from summer 2013. You can find that episode HERE.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until October 12th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, Calling Wisdom, later on. For now ... have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment